Monday, August 2, 2010

34 Weeks!


I really wanted some good husband/wife shots showing off my big belly. I think we got some good ones. Thank you to my brother Daniel for the photos!
Today I had my 34 week Dr. visit & ultrasound. At the ultraound we found out Baby A now weighs 5 pounds 8 ounces and Baby B weighs 4 pounds 7 ounces. They are big boys! They now have a 19% size discordance, but my OB wasn't too concerned. She said it was to be expected that the discordance would grow, but she is happy that they are both growing. They are both in the same position as the last ultrasound (Baby A head down, Baby B transverse with his head in my right ribs), so maybe they have run out of room to flip around. As long as Baby A stays head down I will be happy!
My doctor hopes for me to make it to 37 or 38 weeks, but she said "35 or 36 would be ok too". I really want to make it to at least 37 weeks. I think I can do it. That's only about 2.5 more weeks :) And I am off work, so I won't have to deal with the 12 hour shifts making me go into labor.
(I had a very stressful day at work last week.. where I didn't get home until 9:30pm, and I got to work at 6:45am). I love my job, but I don't think God designed me to be able carry twins and still work those hours! So I am stopping for my own wellbeing (and my babies' wellbeing).
I actually took care of twins last week that my doctor had delivered (not the stressful day). They were delivered at 34 weeks, and were doing well. But they had temperature and feeding issues. I just want my babies to skip all of that and just come straight home with me!
I am almost 3 cm dilated and 70% effaced. If I keep dilating 1.5 cm's per week, this labor could be pretty easy ;) Unfortunately I don't think it works like that, haha. I hope this slows down though, because I still have to make it that 2.5 weeks!
After my appointment, my mom took me to motherhood maternity & I got some nursing bras and a nursing gown. Yay! So now I actually have stuff to pack in the hospital bag :)
This weekend we got the pack n plays set up in our room, so the babies have a place to sleep now (besides the nursery of course). Having the little beds so close to me all the time is really making me impatient to meet my babies though! They seem so empty now.
Pics of the completed nursery may be posted this week...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Krystal I really enjoyed our mother-daughter shopping time. I'm really glad you were up to it! Take it easy now since you don't have to go to work and let those babies grow a little more (even though I don't see how there's room for them to grow any more -- at least they can mature.) Love you so much! -- Mom