Here is a quick update of Adam & Matthew at 2 months old. I am grouping them together for now.. they are both maturing at about the same rate so far:
- They have been smiling for a few weeks now. I LOVE this, and can't wait to see it more and more.
- Both are starting to make cooing noises. This is a lot of fun... it's really neat seeing them mature beyond the newborn phase.
- They are great at holding up their own head. Occasionally they still need some support.
- During tummy time they can both push up with their arms and hold up their head. (Though hey are not a big fan of tummy time)
- As of two nights ago, they are FINALLY starting to sleep longer at night. Last night Adam slept from 8:00pm to 12:45am. That's almost 5 hours! Matthew slept from 8:30 to 12:45. Then they slept until 4:30am and started eating every 2 hours again. Definitely a step up from feeding at 8,10,12,2,4, etc
- They both love getting baths now, so I love giving them! For the first several weeks they were not a fan of their baths.
- I will post their weights when we go to the doctor later this week. They are definitely getting bigger though!
We have started going out more on our own. I took them to a park in Fort Worth to meet some work friends, and I took the two of them to the grocery store by myself for the first time last week. I put Matthew in the cart (in his carseat) and held Adam in the Moby Wrap. I definitely need more practice with the Moby Wrap, because every time I looked he had slid further down!
Also last week at church the boys were blessed. :) (See above picture)
Overall, I am enjoying my two little men :)
*** Update for weight/height.
At their one month check up on 10/22:
Adam -- 9 lbs 12 ozs. 22 in. 10th %
Matthew -- 9 lbs 11 ozs. 22 in. 10th %
They are getting close to doubling their weight!!